Terms and conditions for clients 2020
- Clients are advised not to undertake strenuous physical activities without first seeking medical advice if they have concerns over their physical condition.
- Clients must notify the Instructor of any circumstances affecting their health which may be exacerbated through continued attendance to the classes
- Clients are always required to follow the instructions of the instructor. If you do not understand ask before you try the exercise.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that’ s/he can undergo a routine of exercises provided by any programme which he follows or class which he attends.
- Clients accept the risk of injury from performing exercises and if they are injured
Cancellations and Refunds
Private and Duet sessions have a 24 hours cancellation policy if they are cancelled outside of this they will be charged in full.
Once the first session has taken place, there are no refunds to the block of five or ten.
Sessions can be moved to another day/date that are convenient to both instructor and participant with prior arrangement. This again must be done at least with 24 hours notice to allow the business diary to be rearranged.
The block bookings have a 4 month expiry date from the date of purchase.
Class bookings can be transferred up to 2 hours before the lesson takes place through www.bookwhen.com/embodypilates.
The client must do this themselves or get in touch at least 12 hours before the lesson via email/phone so the space can be opened out to another participant.
Passes are non refundable once purchased and for 2020 in light of the global pandemic their expiration date has been extended to the end of the year.
Embody Pilates Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, you should let us know as soon as possible. We will make it a priority to resolve it as quickly and effectively as we can.
Your complaint can be made in person, by phone 0739992093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will log your complaint and record it.
We will investigate the complaint within seven working days and as part of the investigation we will;
- Find out what happened and what went wrong.
- Make sure you receive an explanation of what we find.
- Identify what can be done to deal with your complaint to reach an amicable solution.
- Identify what we can do at Embody Pilates to ensure the problem doesn’t arise again.
This policy (together with our terms & conditions of use) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site pilates-leeds.com (our site). This includes information provided when subscribing to our newsletter or requesting further services via our contact form. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us via email then we keep a record of that correspondence in the form of saved email, for 1 year. We delete all emails which are older than that.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to understand our audience behaviour patterns. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie files which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
By using and browsing this website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.
Why and How we store your personal information
Once you are participant in one of our Pilates sessions, we ask you to give us personal information about your health, phone numbers and email addresses.
As a condition of our Liability Insurance cover we must ask you to fill out and sign a Health Questionnaire. If you fill it out online it is sent back to us in encrypted form. We must print then and bring them to class, in order to get them signed. Once you have signed it, it is scanned onto a secure Dropbox and the original is locked in a secure filing cabinet in the Embody Pilates Headquarters.
As the Embody Pilates Administrator, I, Louise Lowery, have access to the files.
Also, as a condition of our liability Insurance, we keep registers of attendance of our classes. These registers are ongoing and the current ones are maintained by the Instructors. The old ones are locked away.
The underwriters of our insurers, Balens have stipulated that the Health Questionnaires must be signed and that we retain our records for 7 years after you cease participation in any of our Pilates sessions.
We ask for your phone number so that we can contact you at short notice, for example, if a class is cancelled at the last minute. Each Instructor keeps the numbers of her respective classes on her own mobile phone. These records are deleted if you stop attending sessions.
You do not have to give us a phone number.
When initial contact is made with us via email. We retain your email address for 1 year because the email threads are invaluable for enabling efficient communication and admin with participants on an ongoing basis.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
(Policy wording supplied by Host.North).
Terms & Conditions – Terms of Website Use
Reliance on Information Posted & Disclaimer
The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
Information About Us
embody-pilates.co.uk is a site operated by Louise Lowery. We are based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Accessing Our Site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our Site Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
loss of income or revenue;
loss of business;
loss of profits or contracts;
loss of anticipated savings;
loss of data;
loss of goodwill;
wasted management or office time; and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.